What are the differences between the Diploma of higher education and University?
Both institutions depend on MIUR (Ministry of education, University and research) and, together with academies, make up the system of postgraduate education.
Diplomas of higher education are shorter and focus greatly on the relationship with companies, giving priority to practical training with courses redesigned each year to ensure alignment with the needs of the labour market.
Do I need a qualification to access the courses?
To sign up for the test you must have one of the following requirements:
-Diploma of upper secondary education;
-Professional Diploma awarded on completion of the four year IEFP (Education and Professional Training) courses and IFTS (Higher Education and Training) Certification, as established by Law N° 107/2015 and in accordance with the guidelines approved by the State-Regions Agreement of 20/01/2016;
-Enrolment in the 5th year of a course of studies for obtaining the diploma of upper secondary education by 30/09/2018; enrolment on an IFTS (Higher Education and Training) to obtain the certificate by 30/09/2018.
-Students who have earned a diploma abroad which respects the provisions of the memo of the Directorate-General for Education, Training and Employment Protocol E1.0539654 of 24/06/2010 "Determinations regarding entry requirements to mandatory extra training courses which issue Lombardy Region certificates";
Each participant is responsible for the statements given during the selection process.
Admitted candidates who intend to enrol in the JOBSACADEMY Foundation must be residents of and / or domiciled in the Lombardy Region.
What is the value of the Diploma of higher education?
The diploma of higher education awarded by the Foundation is rated at European level as an EQF Level Five Higher Education Diploma
Is it true that you can get a degree with an additional year?
The ITS Foundation courses last for 2 years. Then, according to the credits recognized by various universities, you can independently access the third and final year to attain a Bachelor's degree.
How long are the courses?
The course of studies of a Diploma of Higher Education is 2000 hours in two years (4 semesters).
What is the course timetable?
In general, the course timetable is 9:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday.
Do the courses have a cost?
The courses are financed by the Lombardy Region, the MIUR (Ministry of Education, University and Research) and the European Social Fund. Students will be required to pay an all-inclusive administration fee for the services offered.
Do you need to buy books?
No The content will be online and shared via digital platforms. Each student will be assigned an Office365 account through which the study materials (handouts, presentations, articles and websites) for the individual courses will be transmitted and professional software will be used in the classroom
How do I enrol on the courses?
Enrolment takes place online through the forms on the pages of each course.
Is there a limited number of participants on the courses?
Yes The maximum number of participants on each course, accessed by means of an entrance test, is 30 students.
How is the entrance test structured?
The test consists of a multiple-choice test and a motivational interview.
Is there an attendance requirement?
Yes, the attendance requirement is at least 80% of the hours, including lessons and placements.
Are University credits (CFU) to enter University given by the courses?
If required, the award of University credits (CFU) is provided for. The number of University Credits (CFU) varies depending on the courses and standards of the University you wish to enter.
Where are the placements carried out?
The ITS Foundation is in contact with more than 2500 regional and national companies with which it permanently collaborates regarding planning and placements.
Do I get paid during the placement?
Placements during the JAC training course have a precisely educational value. They are therefore unpaid.
What employment opportunities are there after graduating with a diploma of higher education?
Our graduate employment rate is currently at 98% by the end of the course. In addition, dedicated ITS staff deal with the placement of students and former students in job search and strengthening personal tools for job search.
Are study courses abroad provided for?
The ITS Foundation participates in the Erasmus+ programme for international mobility. In August 2015 ITS was the only Foundation in Lombardy to receive scholarships for study abroad and placements abroad for its students in the two year period 2015-2017. It is also possible to attend courses at the Emerald Cultural Institute Dublin, historical partner of the Foundation.
Is there a campus and / or the possibility of reduced rent for students coming from outside the province?
The ITS Foundation collaborates with the Casa Amica Foundation to offer accommodation to students who request it.
I want to participate in the courses, but I have financial difficulties. What can I do?
To help deserving students that need it, ITS Foundation has entered into an agreement with Intesa Sanpaolo Bank in order to pay the student, for each year of the course, an amount of €6000 per year in 2 instalments of €3000 per semester.
What material do I need to attend JAC courses?
Study materials will be provided by the teachers and the JAC ,Foundation primarily via the digital platform.
Students of the Software design and web development course require a laptop PC that has the following minimum characteristics:
1) Windows 10 OS.
2) at least 8 GB RAM.

Students of the Additive and 3D Printing Technologies, Plastics Technology, Composite Technology, Industrial automation and mechatronics Technology, Green building require a laptop PC that can support the most common design software (such as AutoCAD, Solid Edge, SolidWorks).
Students in Marketing, Sales and Export Management, Retail and Store Management, HR and Internal Marketing Management and Social enterprise management are strongly advised to get a high performance laptop PC for sharing materials, use during lessons, workshop activities and project work.